So I heard, haven’t even looked yet, but that great guy, everybody knows on the internet—Seth Godin http://sethgodin.typepad.com/, has a blog that is like 300 word entries. I can sure go for that. Quick and dirty. Garbage in, Garbage out.
So I will just segway back to the point of this post.
National Lampoon’s has such an interesting (and high class background). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Lampoon
Think of all the money made by the film Animal House! (Wasn’t porky’s and caddyshack spin offs of that same crowd) I still see it being played on cable. Does that mean the film is still making money? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caddyshack
What a gem of writers, and also the culture there must have been amazing to pump out such big stuff. Originally just spoofing stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Ramis
- National Lampoon (magazine), the original humor magazine from 1970 to 1998, and those spinoffs that directly related to the magazine:
- National Lampoon Lemmings, a 1973 stage show
- The National Lampoon Radio Hour, produced from 1973 to 1974
- National Lampoon’s Animal House, a 1978 film, also based upon stories from the magazine.
- National Lampoon’s Movie Madness, a 1981 film
- National Lampoon’s Class Reunion, a 1983 film
- National Lampoon’s Vacation (film series), a series of comedy films based upon stories written for National Lampoon magazine.
- National Lampoon’s Joy of Sex, a 1984 film
- National Lampoon’s Loaded Weapon 1, a 1993 film
- National Lampoon’s Senior Trip, a 1995 film
- National Lampoon, Incorporated, a company formed in 2002 which produced all subsequent content under the National Lampoon name